Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 - NEVER FORGET


The events of September 11, 2001 are the primary reason I started to blog. The ghastly images of that horrific day became so imprinted on my mind, that for months afterwards, I remained glued to both my TV; and, when I was not satisfied with information I was receiving there, I would search online for more. There is no question that I obsessed over every detail of what happened and every bit of information about what led up to it. I started reading about Islam and became even more concerned about the future. By 2003 I was a regular reader of many blogs. It wasn't until 2004 that I actually started my own blog, Dr. Sanity, though. Nevertheless, it was 9/11 that served as the defining moment which led me on the path to blogging.

I watched incredulously as the Democrats and the political left blatantly began to deny the meaning of 9/11; and tried to wipe it out of the national memory and consciousness. I watched as it became "politically incorrect" to show images of the twin towers; how the 9/11 Truth idiots polished and honed their conspiracy theories and how the lunatic left embraced and enabled the Islamic fanatics. Before all this insanity, I was a newsaholic, but not particularly interested in politics.

I started to write this blog because I could no longer ignore the left's political insanity which seemed bent on destroying my country and appeasing its enemies. I believed (and still do) that the threat of Islamic terror is a grave and imminent danger to the free world and I had to speak up. I do not intend for my daughter to inherit a world of sharia and oppression. Nor do I intend to let the political left and the unrecognizable cowardly modern Democratic Party allow this scenario to happen. Right now, both the left and most of the Democrats remain in full psychological denial and have (consciously in some cases, but mostly unconsciously) formed a convenient partnership with the very people who attacked America and left 3000 dead on 9/11. I simply could not believe it at first; but now, I have no illusions about either the left or Islam any more.

What had happened to my country? How had the Democrats descended into this intense hate and madness? Why had the election of George Bush caused so many to go off the deep end? In my own way I have been trying remember 9/11 and answer these questions for the last seven years by writing this blog. I have put up many posts that try to explain from a psychological perspective what is happening to the world-- with an emphasis on what I consider the catastrophic psychological denial regarding 9/11 that has become the hallmark of the political left and the Democratic Party in this country. See my sidebar for some of these posts.

This profound denial of reality continues unabated to this day; and it undermines the war effort--in Iraq and elsewhere; even as it encourages and enables the very people who perpetrated those vicious attacks on our soil, and would like to do worse if they could.

Today the Democrats say we should never have gone to Iraq and we should be fighting in Afghanistan. Let's watch and see how long it takes them to denigrate and dismiss efforts there as we gear up for an Afghanistan surge. Let's see how long it takes them to undermine that front in the war on terror. I predict, especially when they lose the Presidential election, that they will pretend they never supported action in Afghanistan and all the vitriol they direct now to Bush will be effortlessly switched over to McCain.

The truth is, they will only support our military and military action when they think doing so will be advantageous to their ideology and their control of power. And their ideology doesn't much care about freedom--how can it? It doesn't even much care about reality.

While it has now been seven years since attacks of September 11, 2001, the memory and horror of that day remains fresh in my own mind. Never did I imagine that we would remain free from further attacks, and for that, I gratefully blame the Bush Administration and its courageous (and sometimes inept) efforts--despite all the whining, screaming, and hysteria to the contrary--to do what it thought was right in order to protect America. (cartoon from Cox and Forkum)

Once again, I want to thank the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces; from the Commander-in-Chief down to all the volunteers risking their lives in Afghanistan and Iraq, for taking the fight to the enemy.

No matter what happens in the future, I honor and am humbled by the sacrifice they have all chosen to make to keep me and my family safe. That any American would doubt the committment to professionalism and compassion of our military personnel; and the everyday courage and heroism they display--is beyond comprehension.

They unreservedly deserve our deepest honor, respect and gratitude.

Let us also honor the victims of 9/11 today, by remembering that we are fighting a World War against Islamic fundamentalism and Islamic tyranny; and that we fight to preserve and extend the blessings of Liberty -- for ourselves; for our children; and for all of humanity.

For those of you who have the delusion that you reside in the "reality-based" community of the paranoid left (particularly the pseudointellectual academics) and who are so deeply into denial that you wouldn't recognize the truth if it fell from the sky and flattened you, I suggest that you check out the deeply disturbing Al Qaeda 9/11 memorial videos here. If it does not disabuse you of your sick conspiracy theories, then nothing rational will serve, and I recommend you get medication and therapy quickly.

NEVER FORGET. NEVER AGAIN.

God Bless and Protect America-- today, and every day.





No comments: