Saturday, May 10, 2008

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME !

This is an exciting day because my daughter and I will be going to the Yankee - Tiger baseball game in Detroit. In fact, we have special seats right behind the Yankee dugout and plan to arrive early to see if we can get any autographs.

For three generations my family has been ardent Yankee fans (I grew up in New Jersey) and now my daughter is carrying on the tradition. She actually knows just about every historical fact there is to know about the NY Yankess--past and present.

At any rate, we'll be spending the day at the ballpark...and there will be no joy in Blogville (well, not much, anyway, except for my detractors). I don't care if I never get back.

The game will be on national television (Fox, I believe). We'll be the two Yankee fanatics in a sea of Tiger fans, yelling and screaming right behind the visitor's dugout!

UPDATE: Yankees won, 5-2. Derek Jeter hit his first home run of the season after smiling at my daughter....and for Gagdad Bob's information (see here), the restraining order was lifted some time ago.

No comments: